A very good day

The day started with giving out Teacher’s Day presents!

Handmade cards by the girls, ppersonalised gifts and cards for their English, Chinese and Assistant teachers, and chocolate/strawberry wafer biscuits for the rest of the teachers.

(I made Allie place her palm on the card and drew an outline of her hand lol. And then I wrote a simple Happy Teacher’s Day greeting on the card. That’s the best “handmade” card I can do with her.)

It was so nice to see Clarissa walking confidently on her own into the principal’s office to give out the biscuits to the principal and vice-principal, and then greeting the other teachers in the assembly area as well as aunties working in the kitchen and handing them the biscuits too. ๐Ÿ˜„

And then we went for breakfast at Wildseed, which is located at Wheelers Estate.

I told the hubs we should bring the girls here. They will love the playground!


My very atas kaya toast.

I didn’t make up the name.

I was surprised to see my friend and her little girl at breakfast!

Arranged by the hubs who thought I’d enjoy catching up with my friend while he plays with the little one.

A great catchup indeed!

She’s one of my oldest friends – we’ve known each other since we were 13 omg.

KTV at Manekineko. ๐Ÿ˜„

I haven’t done KTV for years.

Butchering “ไฝ ๆœ€็่ดต” since 2004. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜†

Went for a body and foot massage after the 2-hour session.

Bought cake and went home to the girls.

My heart is full.

Clarissa drew something for me: a birthday cake with a message on it. ๐Ÿ˜

While Allie danced.

Clever hubs not only picked a gift from my favorite shop but also picked one that I have been eyeing but was waiting for a sale to buy. ๐Ÿ˜„

Thankful for the good day, for the birthday wishes from family and friends, and for all the good things and good people in life.

My only wish is health and happiness for me and all my loved ones.

And of course, more sleep, less stress.

Though.. I wouldn’t be up writing this if Allie hasn’t decided to not sleep. ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 nights ago she was up at 230am screaming for Mummy.

She carried her little bag filled with toys and wanted to knock on Jiejie’s room’s door.

I managed to get her to play on our bed instead, and she took out all the toys in the bag.

So for the next 1.5 hours we pretend-played with pretend-cups where she’d get me to pretend-pour drinks into the cups and both of us had to drink up.

I was really exhausted by then and couldn’t help but wonder how I was to survive at work the next day without coffee or any form of caffeine.

Opportunistically, I said to her, “I’m full already. I can’t drink anymore.”


She frowned and said to me, “You not full! Drink!”


Extending her pretend-cup to me she said, “I want more! Pour, please!”


Thankfully she eventually got tired, took her bottle of milk, drank it and fell asleep.

Tonight though, she had trouble sleeping.

Barely 20 minutes after dozing off she started tossing and turning and shouting, “No! No!”

It escalated quickly into loud, crazy, inconsolable crying.

I thought she might be having a nightmare and decided to wake her up to make her stop crying.

And then the hubs got upset with her because despite waking up she was super irritable.

I had to get him to go back to Clarissa’s room before he got any angrier.

Sigh cannot win.

What happened to my birthday wish. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚

I can only hope she grows out of this phase soon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: